1. Remember not to drink and tube.
2. If you forget number one, be sure to have a designated tubing partner; someone to tie your tube to in case you go drifting down the left fork of the river when you should've drifted right.
3. Use sunscreen!
4. Remember to apply the sunscreen to your bum because it will definitely burn. It never sees the sun, you know. (If yours does, we want to hear that story!)
5. Don't eat the burned weenie.
6. Sparklers can and WILL light your hair on fire so don't tuck one behind your ear and do the hula.
7. Flies will poop on your food. Keep food covered because NO ONE wants to eat fly poop.
8. Don't stick a firecracker in your mouth and light it like a cigarette. We like your lips where they are, thank you.
9. Take a shower when you get home because.....people who forget number one will do number two....and pee in the river. Yep, you'll basically be marinating in urine.
10. And finally, remember that fireworks terrify pets. Be kind and make sure they are safely housed with some soothing television or soft radio playing to help mask the noise. This also applies to our veterans who may be suffering from PTSD. We all should be respectful of those who've sacrificed so much for our freedom. Be kind, considerate, and above all -- safe.